Kiva newsletter – April 2022
Kiva Visitation Guidelines
Greetings from Kiva! It has been one entire year since our last Newsletter. The challenges of the past 12 months have taken many forms, mostly resulting from continuing to deal with the effects of the Virus and its several variants.
We are pleased to report that all challenges have been met with and we have emerged victorious. Our facility continues to be updated, our staffing shortages are being overcome successfully and most importantly our residents continue to receive the superior care for which Kiva has become known.
All resident rooms and common areas have been re-surfaced from carpet to faux wood, providing a more hyper-allergenic environment. All residents and staff are protected from the virus and the entire facility undergoes a continual cleansing to ensure it is free from contaminants.
We continue to follow state and CDC guidelines regarding access to the facility during this Covid era. Accordingly, the Governor has signed SB988 requiring that we post on our web site the newest guidelines, which follow:
- Residents may have visitors between the hours of 9AM and 9PM, if they so choose.
- Residents may appoint no more than 2 essential caregivers, who may visit daily if they so choose during the visitation hours.
- Kiva will educate visitors on screening protocols and policies regarding infection control, hand washing, masking, etc.
- Visitors will be asked to conduct their visits in the resident’s private room or else in a private designated area.
- Visitors will be advised if there is an active Covid case in the facility.
- Visitors will be denied entrance under the following conditions:
- If they have tested positive for the Virus
- If they have Covid symptoms, a temperature over 100.3, a cough or shortness of breath
- If they have been in close proximity with someone infected with the Virus
As always, we look forward to seeing and answering questions of anyone interested in our facility.